Summary/ObjectiveThis position works with and supports our Civil Engineering group. He/She will perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems.
- Analyze long range plans, survey reports, maps, and other data to plan and design development projects.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned aspects of storm drain, sanitary sewer, water system and/orlake-level construction and alteration plans.
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors during the planning and risk-analysis stages of a project.
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations.
- Assist in the planning, designing, monitoring and/or managing of projects and programs for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for commercial property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements.
- Assist in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities, and utilize program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and other management tools to accomplish programming, determine resources and perform long-range planning.
- Oversee and analyze the results of soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations.
- Analyze the results of tests on building materials, such as concrete, wood, asphalt, or steel, for use projects.
- Prepare bid proposals, cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility.
- Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with transportation industry and government standards.
- Perform or oversee surveying operations to establish building locations, site layouts, reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Preparing technical and regulatory reports for submittal to clients and state/federal agencies.
- Team leader; With A Can-Do Attitude That Is Positive, Supportive And Cooperative
- Problem Solving/Analysis And Solution Oriented
- Communication Proficiency
- Can motivate team to creative solution development and problem solving
- Strong Planning And Organization Skills; Ability To Multitask And Be A Self-Starter
- Accountable And Responsible. Adaptable To Change
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Project Management
- Detailed Oriented, Thorough And Accurate
- Results Driven
- Proven Leadership
Work Experience Requirements
- Proficient and proven knowledge of physical sciences and mathematics, including experience of the mechanics of solids (particularly of soils), hydraulics, theory of structure, strength of materials, engineering geology and surveying.
- Advanced understanding of civil design and construction, including public infrastructure projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (working knowledge of Word and Excel)
- Proficiency in AutoDesk CAD products specifically Civil 3D
- Experience with public presentations
- Working knowledge of basic engineering calculations
- Familiarization with QMS for Industrial Railroad track design & engineering; ex Union Pacific, BNSF, etc.
- National and State Safety and Site-specific certifications, including but not limited to TWIC, eRailSafe, ISN, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or closely related engineering degree from an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Texas)
- 10 plus years of experience in land development or Civil Construction
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments. Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field site visits can be severe (i.e. Railroad facilities, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc.).
If you are interested in being a key addition to our successful, competitive company, please email your résumé or summary of qualifications to email@example.com
All offers of employment are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a background/drug screen, which will include (based on position) the candidate’s driving record. Benefits included are health insurance, dental, and 401(k). Salary is competitive with the industry standards and depends on experience.
RIDT is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are always seeking talented and qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide our clients with exceptional service. RITD is committed to the professional and personal growth of our staff, we are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity (M/F/D/V/LGBT). RITD participates in E-Verify, which is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate individual identities and work eligibility from the information gathered in the I-9 form.