RITD is a dedicated, experienced, and professional team focused on providing innovative railroad design to drive custom logistics solutions. We consist of railroad consultants, civil engineers, designers, CADD technicians, and administrative personnel intent on simplifying the railroad development process with quality, responsiveness, and integrity. We have over 135 years of combined experience in all phases of railroad project design, engineering, construction, inspection and development.
RITD can confidently provide complete site development planning, design, and engineering for our freight railroad clients.
Additional services for industry rail-served facilities supports RITD’s commitment of exceeding our client’s expectations.
RITD personnel have extensive experience in consulting, design, engineering, constructing, and inspecting for a wide range of project types... from large rail-served logistics parks to bulk commodity unit train terminals to massive SIT yards to the smallest single-car track in the tightest of industrial sites. Below is a list of typical rail-centric projects we provide services for:
- Unit Train Facilities of All Types
- Loop Tracks & Ladder Tracks
- Loading Terminals & Unloading Terminals
- Liquid Terminals & Dry Bulk Terminals
- S.I.T. & Classification Yards
- Plastics Packaging Facilities
- Crude-By-Rail Terminals
- Frac-Sand Facilities
- Grain Terminals
- Coal Terminals
- Ethanol Facilities
- NGL Terminals
- Port Facilities
- Rail-Served Industrial & Logistics Parks
- De-Bottlenecking of Existing Rail Infrastructure
We have provided services for many well-known, high-profile projects including:
- Planning, design/engineering, and management of a Phase I 500-car storage yard for Texas Deepwater Industrial Port on the Houston Ship Channel;
- Master planning, design/engineering, and management of multiple track expansions for Kinder Morgan Deer Park Rail Terminal including a $20M track expansion to allow the terminal to expand the ability of the terminal to handle multiple bulk commodities – coal, coke, ethanol, and crude;
- Master planning, design/engineering, and management of multiple track projects serving a 700-acre industrial park in Baytown, Texas;
- Master planning, design/engineering, and management of multiple track projects serving a 300-acre logistics parks in Elmendorf, Texas;
- Master planning and designing multiple crude-by-rail facilities in Texas, Louisiana, Colorado, North Dakota, and California including the Port of Beaumont/Jefferson Refining facility in Orange County, Texas;
- Master planning, design/engineering, and management of multiple unit-train facilities for aggregate terminals throughout Texas;
- Design/engineering for several frac-sand receiving terminals across Texas;
- Master planning and design/engineering for several new NGL receiving terminals recently planned for the Gulf Coast;
- Complete turn-key site, building, utilities, and track design/engineering of a major project at the Port of Houston that will include a 500,000 sq. foot warehouse and 250-car SIT yard.